-Top CT Lawyer Offers Comprehensive Check List after Catastrophic Car Wreck –
WHO?: Attorney Jonathan Perkins, one of Connecticut’s top accident and injury lawyers specializing in auto accidents.
WHAT?: Provides critical steps to take in the event of a collision caused by another driver or professional limo service in order to protect your rights and recovery. Victims’ actions after an accident can either help or significantly hurt their ability to recover damages. As a member of the New York Bar Association, Atty Perkins can comment on the legal ramifications of the recent and tragic crash that claimed 20 lives.
What to Do if You Are in a Car Accident:
- Keep calm and move as far off the roadway as possible, but stay at the scene of the accident.
- Warn oncoming traffic by activating your hazard warning lights and/or setting flares.
- Never assume that a passing vehicle has called, always contact 911.
- Exchange insurance information with the operator of the other vehicle(s) involved.
- Exchange contact information, write down license plate numbers, and document as much as possible about the accident.
- Take photographs, if possible, of the area where the accident took place as well as any damages to persons and property (including vehicle damage).
- Collect information from any witnesses present.
- Give the police a statement about the accident with details but refrain from attempting to argue a case.
- Never admit responsibility for the accident to anyone present at the scene. This includes police officers, paramedics and any witnesses.
- Do not speak with an insurance company prior to speaking with an attorney.
- Wait for medical professionals to arrive on scene to assess any and all injuries.
- Contact a Connecticut accident attorney to discuss potential legal options.
WHEN?: TODAY AND UPON REQUEST
WHERE?: By phone, in studio or at one Attorney Perkins’ five practice locations in Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Waterbury or New London. Contact Alisa Picerno at (860) 217-0595 to schedule.
WHY?: While no driver is truly prepared to be involved in a traffic crash, it is absolutely essential for Connecticut residents to understand what to do after an accident. Those involved in a collision are often overwhelmed with the many stresses associated with the accident. Therefore, the better prepared and educated the driver, passenger or pedestrian is, the more likely that the aftermath will flow as smoothly as possible. As a respected and reputable attorney representing plaintiffs in all kinds of personal injury cases for over 30 years, Jonathan Perkins has collected hundreds of millions of dollars for his injured clients.
About Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers is committed to fighting for clients who have suffered personal injuries. The firm has handled thousands of cases and Jonathan Perkins has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in damages. Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers represents clients in practice areas including auto accidents, product liability, dog bites, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, premises liability, slip and fall accidents, wrongful death, workers’ compensation injuries and Social Security claims. Se habla Español. For more information or to schedule a FREE consultation, visit www.800perkins.com or call 1-800-PERKINS.