Bridgeport Truck Accident Lawyers
Connecticut is one small yet populated state that sees its fair share of truck accident injuries and deaths each year. With over 296,000 reported truck accidents across America in 2009, passenger cars are threatened continuously by inexperienced, overtired or highly intoxicated truck drivers.
Serious injury, death, and years of stress for the injured and their families are the result of many truck accidents. Worried that their standard of living will slowly diminish, accident victims often give their claims to the aggressive Bridgeport personal injury attorneys at Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers.
With a track record of favorably settling claims for injured drivers and passengers involved in truck accidents, our firm fights for those unable to fight for themselves. Whether we’re handling your insurer, the trucking company, or their insurer, we’ll never quit until you and your family are made whole.
For the experienced, skilled legal representation you deserve, turn to the Bridgeport truck accident lawyers of Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers today. Call us at (203) 380-1556 or reach out to us online to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today.
Why Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
There are five compelling reasons injured persons should seek truck accident lawyer’s assistance if they’ve been hurt in an accident:
- There may be more than one liable party. The truck manufacturer, trucking company, driver, third-party logistics companies and insurer are just some parties to your Bridgeport truck accident. Not all will have direct involvement at once, although in some rarer cases it’s happened.
- Settlement negotiations may involve numerous parties. Just like above, more than one party may need to pay injured drivers. Lawyers can identify, approach and settle claims with these parties.
- Not all strategies are created equally. Knowing how to negotiate is half of the negotiation process; the other is having evidence in place to prove your settlement is worthy of fair compensation.
- Trucking industry rules and regulations. Rules and procedures overseen by governing bodies may have been violated without an injured person’s knowledge. However, those violations could be uncovered by an attorney who knows NHTSA rules.
- Contributory negligence may be involved. An attorney can work toward lessening your role in the accident provided the other party’s role exceeded yours. Few injured persons will understand Connecticut’s contributory negligence laws.
Why Choose Us?
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers was formed on the principle of putting people’s needs before our own. Truck accidents are incredibly scary, emotionally tolling and cause financial issues most folks aren’t ready to endure. With our firm working on settling your claim, you can concentrate on healing.
Experience is not only the most important part of representing clients, but it’s also vital in truck accidents where claims could cross many barriers to get resolved properly. Numerous parties may be involved and owe our clients money, and we’re adamant about holding them accountable.
A people-first attitude. Experience. Drive. You should choose our firm because you want your truck accident claim to have the best chance of being resolved favorably.
Cases We Handle
At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, we handle complex claims where truck accidents result from severe lapses in judgment. You’ll find the more common cases we handle include:
- Truck drivers who were under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other illegal substances;
- Accidents where improperly tied-down cargo caused severe injury to passenger cars;
- Accidents where drivers logged too many hours and experienced fatigue;
- Accidents where insufficient training led to serious injury to others;
- Third-party claims where logistics companies failed to properly load trailers, causing the semi to tip while in transit;
- Manufacturers who put defective parts on trucks without issuing a safety recall, causing an accident to occur; and
- Claims against trucking companies who knew the driver was inexperienced, intoxicated or otherwise untrained but put them on the road anyway.
18-wheelers are large enough to wreak havoc without reaching excessive speeds. Weighing up to 80,000 pounds loaded, disaster can happen if drivers, manufacturers, trucking companies or logistics companies aren’t following rules.
Truck Accident FAQs
Below you’ll find several common questions regarding Bridgeport truck accidents. While these are designed to help you make informed choices before calling us, these do not imply an attorney-client relationship or the formation of such.
How much will it cost me to hire you?
It won’t cost you a thing to get the experienced Bridgeport truck accident lawyers of Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers on your side. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, which meanst that you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
Is there a formula to determine compensation I may receive?
Truck accident claims take into account factors one can calculate (medical expenses, wages lost, future earnings capabilities, damaged vehicle, personal belongings of value damaged in the vehicle) along with factors you cannot (pain and suffering or other emotional damages). The result is one settlement that takes into account all present and foreseeable losses.
When should I start my claim with your office?
We encourage all injured parties or loved ones filing on behalf of their deceased loved one, to file truck accident claims as quickly as possible. Personal injuries have a two-year statute of limitations in Connecticut which is strictly enforced unless extenuating circumstances prevent timely filing.
Get The Power of Perkins after Your Truck Accident
Truck accident claims give injured people the opportunity to not only receive compensation for losses, but force truck drivers and their companies to implement safer transportation measures to protect others on the road.
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers has years of experience holding truckers and their respective companies responsible for avoidable injuries or deaths. And we’ll continue to bring justice to those wrongfully injured by another’s poor choices.
Give your Bridgeport truck accident claim the Power of Perkins by phoning our office today at (203) 380-1556. Your consultation is free, and all cases we take are on a contingency fee basis.