Bridgeport Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
In an average year, 50 Connecticut motorcyclists will lose their lives while riding. That equals roughly 20% of the state’s traffic fatalities, an exceptionally high figure given Connecticut’s relatively small size. With no helmet laws in the state and inclement weather known for striking without warning, motorcycle accidents can happen quickly – with results that are deadly.
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers handles bike wrecks caused by drivers who tailgate, are drunk, or drive recklessly. We are dedicated to litigating Bridgeport motorcycle accidents for victims who cannot fight themselves.
Did you lose your loved one to a life-ending motorcycle accident? Were you sideswiped while lawfully riding your bike down the highway? Call (203) 380-1556 or fill out a contact form today. Our Bridgeport motorcycle accident attorneys can help you hold the person responsible for this tragedy accountable.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer?
Confused whether motorcycle accident lawyers are worth retaining? Consider these six facts before making this decision:
- Injured people could leave money on the table. The last thing motorcyclists want after their injury is to let an insurer injure them again. Attorneys will collect every dime you’re owed without leaving opportunities on the table.
- Insurers are great about having people sign things. Surprisingly, many don’t realize what they’re signing until their copy is given to them. Attorneys will never instruct their clients to sign paperwork that could incriminate them or decimate their right to trial by jury.
- Filings must be timely. While most people are unaware of Connecticut’s civil court procedures, attorneys understand how and when to file motions and other paperwork with the court. Judges tend to look down on litigants who make late filings.
- Recordings can be used against you. Tired and injured, victims of accidents will often do what’s asked of them. Attorneys will never advise their clients to go on record with any statements that could later implicate them.
- Documenting accidents takes skill. Not that injured persons can’t gather evidence on their own, but there are places where evidence hides that few know about. Attorneys will send investigators to perform a thorough crash analysis if need be.
- Victims may wait too long to file. You are given two years in Connecticut to file motorcycle accident claims. Attorneys will have your case filed well before that statute expires.
Why Choose Us?
Pushy insurers are no match for Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers. Leveraging evidence surrounding your accident, including what actions the at-fault party performed to put the injured motorcyclist at risk, helps our firm secure favorable settlements. With medical bills piling higher each day, the more we’re able to get victims, the better off their futures will be.
Our firm covers all case-related expenses upfront. From paying staff to hiring experts necessary to build a strong motorcycle accident claim, putting the Power of Perkins in your corner costs nothing to you until we settle.
Our attorneys combine to provide decades of motorcycle accident litigation. Mix our experience, zealous representation and our commitment to getting you compensated with our knowledge of motorcycle law, and victims are given a fighting chance to settle their claims fairly.
Cases We Handle
Injuries to motorcycle riders may happen in several different scenarios. Each one listed below is an accident case we’ll handle:
- Single motorcycle accidents. Typically, these are car vs. motorcycle, truck vs. motorcycle, or motorcycle vs. motorcycle.
- Drunk driving accidents. When drivers of passenger or commercial vehicles are over the legal limit, tragedy can ensue.
- Rear-end accidents. Cars and trucks who follow much smaller motorcycles too close can bump their back tire and cause them to flip or crash violently sideways.
- Left turn accidents. Crossing traffic is already a dangerous proposition. Add an element of congested traffic and people running red lights, and motorcycles could be doomed.
- Distracted driving. With smartphones and navigation systems at every driver’s disposal, distractions are common. Many accidents happen when drivers are texting their loved ones or taking their attention away from driving.
There are many other scenarios where motorcyclists are injured, and we look at these cases individually.
Frequently Asked Questions about Motorcycle Accidents
Injured bikers and their family members may have questions that can’t be found elsewhere. See some common Q&A’s below, and remember, our answers don’t establish an attorney-client bond (we’ll form that later).
There’s a friendly insurance adjuster visiting me. What do I do?
Insurance adjusters aren’t your friends. They’re not there to help you, offer you more money or to help you get better. In fact, after motorcycle accidents, most adjusters want you to drop claims against your insurer. Their job is to befriend you, get information, and burn you later. Leave these people to your attorney.
How long do most motorcycle accident claims take?
It’s hard to put an exact time frame on your claim with so many “unknowns” involved with each person’s accident. Collecting evidence, dealing with insurers, getting witness statements, preparing for trial, and the chance we’ll reach answering machines when calling insurers and their attorneys must factor into your claim’s time frame. We work as hard and as fast as possible to get your claim settled.
What if I’m confined to my home or the hospital bed, and cannot visit your office?
Some motorcycle accidents are tragic enough that people will be confined to wheelchairs or their beds. We understand and will visit you in the hospital or your home to discuss your case.
Motorcycle Accidents Deserve the Power of Perkins
Bridgeport motorcycle accidents can be devastating to not only the victims they injure but families and an entire community. Give your motorcycle accident claim a fair chance to win by teaming up with Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers. Bringing experience, passion and the determination to secure the maximum compensation for our clients sets our firm apart.
Schedule your free case review with an experienced Bridgeport accident lawyer by calling (203) 380-1556 or by reaching out to us online today.