5 Reasons to Call a Personal Injury Lawyer in Connecticut
Not every injury or accident requires legal action, but sometimes it is hard to tell whether you need an attorney or not. You may not feel that the injury you sustained was significant, or you may think that the incident was not that big a deal. You may even be uncertain as to what a personal injury attorney does or how they can help you. The truth is that whether you’ve been in a car accident, injured at work, suffered a fall in a retail establishment or been hurt as a result of a defective product, a personal injury attorney can act as a valued advisor.
At Jonathan Perkins Attorneys at Law, we are Connecticut personal injury lawyers who will meet with you at no cost, listen carefully to what happened to you, assess whether you are eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit, and answer all of your questions. If we believe that your rights have been violated we will be happy to prepare a lawsuit on your behalf, and work hard to get you the compensation that you deserve.
There are a number of different circumstances and situations that warrant consulting with an attorney who practices personal injury law. Here are five reasons to call a personal injury lawyer in Connecticut.
- Automobile Accident Injuries: Injuries suffered in car accidents are the most commonly-filed type of personal injury lawsuits. If your accident involved another driver not adhering to driving laws, driving carelessly or driving distracted, then they may be held financially responsible for any damages that you’ve suffered. Other defendants may include auto manufacturers, those responsible for maintenance of the vehicle involved in the accident, and those responsible for the highway or roadway on which the accident occurred.
- Medical Malpractice Injuries: When you seek medical care, you rely upon the doctor or healthcare provider to provide you with competent care at the same level as can be expected of any other practitioner in the same area and treating the same condition. If the care that you received falls below this standard and you suffered an injury as a result, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit.
- Slip and Fall Cases: Slip and fall sounds like a minor injury, but the consequences can be devastating. Though accidents can happen, a personal injury lawyer can be of assistance when they result from care not being taken in safeguarding or maintaining a property.
- Dog Bites: Though you may be a dog lover, that does not mean that it’s okay for another person’s dog to attack or bite you. Dog owners have a responsibility to maintain control over their animal, and when they fail in this duty they are financially responsible for the damage that their dog does.
- Product Liability: When you purchase a product you have the expectation that the manufacturer exercised car in its design, manufacturing, and labeling. When this duty of care is not fulfilled and an injury occurs, the manufacturer and others in the supply chain can be held financially responsible for the damages that are caused as a result.
If you have suffered an injury and are uncertain as to whether you are eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit, contact the Connecticut law firm of Jonathan Perkins Attorneys at Law. We will be happy to meet with you and discuss your case.