Facebook Pixel



Get to know the power of Perkins!

Stamford – Senior Couple Killed By Car Exhaust

A couple in their 80s were killed in a home accident in Stamford yesterday morning.

Authorities responded to an undisclosed home on Long Ridge Road following reports of an accident in the area. An initial investigation of the scene suggests a couple in their 80s were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning after their car was inadvertently left with a running engine inside their garage. There is currently no indication of ill-intent — available evidence points to this case as purely accidental. The identities of the victims have been withheld pending notification of next-of-kin. Authorities are still investigating the accident and are expected to release updates when appropriate.

As of posting time, evidence suggesting foul play has yet to be discovered by investigators. That said, authorities are expected to scour the accident site for data that will allow them to accurately establish liability. This is particularly important because the involvement of ill-intent or negligence will entail legal ramifications that victims’ next-of-kin can discuss with legal experts.

If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident, you may need help navigating the complex challenges of paying for your medical bills, recouping your lost wages, and regaining your quality of life. The Connecticut attorneys with Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers can help you through this process, working to hold the responsible party accountable for the pain and suffering you have had to endure. Call 800-PERKINS for a free consultation with a lawyer today.

Note: Our blog reports on a variety of sensitive stories with the goal of raising awareness of accidents and the repercussions they can have. We use real news articles as our sources. Should a story be updated or a post on our site be inaccurate, please let us know so we can update our post. Our blog is not intended to be read as legal advice.


  • “{{ t.content }}”

    - {{ t.title }}