Opportunities to Collect Financial Damages After Drunk Driving Accident
Financial compensation is often the last thing on someone’s mind after escaping a serious car accident, especially a drunk driving accident. However, you may be entitled to compensation for both injuries and damages that come from such an event. Further, you could be entitled to compensation for emotional damages such as pain and suffering. However, those damages become much more difficult to recover after time has passed, making it important to find the right personal injury lawyer early in the process.
The first part of the process is discerning who is liable for the damages and can be held accountable. Examples of such persons include:
- The driver of the other vehicle in the crash
- Governing entities if there was a defect in the roadway that led to or worsened the conditions for the accident
- Third parties that intervened in some way, causing a negative effect
- Owner of the other vehicle, if not the driver
- Owner of the vehicle the victim was driving if it was not theirs and it led to or worsened conditions leading to the event
- The establishment that served the driver in excess prior to the drunk driving accident
- Your own insurance company
- Insurance company of a relative that lives in the same household to get uninsured or underinsured motorist benefits
Figuring out the best party to pursue legally can be difficult. Contact our team at Jonathan Perkins Personal Injury Lawyers today. We understand the best legal strategies in any car accident. Through our years of experience, we have the knowledge needed to get the most favorable outcome in a drunk driving accident in Connecticut.