New London Social Security Disability Lawyers
Social Security Disability Applications can be Confusing. We Can Help.
If you have an illness or disability that makes it impossible for you to work, turn to the team at Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers to help you apply for your Social Security Disability benefits. Many Social Security Disability claims are rejected even though the individuals are entitled to the assistance. Studies have shown these numbers are significantly reduced when an individual prepares their claims with the help of a lawyer.
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers has been helping the residents of New London navigate the complicated application process for Social Security Disability for decades. Our New London Social Security Disability attorneys know exactly how to fill out the forms, exactly what evidence is required, and exactly what arguments to make to avoid delays, rejections, and other difficulties.
If you or one of your loved ones is considering applying for social security disability, Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers is ready to help. Contact us today at (860) 772-2280 so we can get the process started right away.
A Lawyer for Your Social Security Disability Claim Improves Your Chance for Success
Many people attempt to apply for social security disability on their own at first. However, the complicated nature of the process and the difficulty in organizing arguments correctly can lead to rejections and other delays and inconveniences.
A Social Security Disability lawyer will know how to avoid all of the potential mistakes that those new to the process make. They can advise on the onset date for the disability, find the best way to make your situation meet the parameters set for disability, and organize the facts around your claim to present the most compelling version of events around your situation the first time.
While it may be possible to appeal, there’s no guarantee the appeal will be successful without legal help, and even if it is, delaying assistance when it is most needed can lead to stress and further financial difficulties. It is far better to get the process right the first time, so you don’t have to worry about getting the assistance you are entitled to.
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers Knows How to Take Care of You and Your Social Security Disability Claim
In a situation that is so serious and time-sensitive, you don’t want to trust just any lawyer to help you with your Social Security Disability claim; you want a lawyer that knows the process backwards and forwards.
With a combined 140 years of legal experience, the lawyers at Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers have seen it all. We’ve been helping the residents of New London with the Social Security Disability application process for decades, and with great success. Our lawyers are among the most respected in New Jersey, having won many accolades over the years. Perhaps most importantly, we’ve been recognized by our clients for our supreme ability to take care of them. Our firm was placed on the American Institute of Legal Counsel 10 Best Attorneys by our clients, an award we are as proud of as any.
We make it our goal to ensure every client who comes to us with concerns about Social Security Disability gets the assistance they need, and they get it as fast as possible. We know the law, and we know the process, and we will use that knowledge to help you.
The Social Security Disability Mistakes We See Most in New London
There are plenty of ways a Social Security Disability claim can go wrong, which is why so many are rejected. To help those in New London who are trying to understand the process, here are some of the most common mistakes our clients have made before contacting us:
- Failing to keep accurate information: To make sure your claim is a success, you need to have information available that is as accurate as possible. This is sometimes very difficult since you’re going through such a difficult period, but accuracy is important.
- Not making note of symptoms or seeing doctors: Keep track of every symptom you have, as well as every doctor visit you make. This will be useful in proving that your illness or disability is as severe as you claim it is.
- Ignoring mental and emotional difficulties: Your mental and emotional health is as important as your physical health, and you can receive disability to help you recover from these difficulties as well. Record any mental and emotional symptoms you have, in addition to your physical ones.
- Failing to keep up with medical treatments and medication: Medicine can be expensive, and when you don’t have money coming in, it can seem easier to simply stop treating yourself and save that money until there’s more. However, this choice can count against you in the Social Security Disability application process, because it suggests that your illness or disability is not as serious as you claim.
- Getting unemployment while you apply for Social Security Disability: This is not technically against the rules, but it can count against you. Unemployment suggests you are able to work but can’t find a job, while disability is for those who are unable to work. While social security doesn’t say you can’t get both, it does say this will be taken into account when reviewing your case.
- Choosing not to appeal or missing deadlines: One major mistake people make is to just give up when they get that first rejection. It’s easy to despair when you find out there are more problems ahead before you can get help, but your appeal is a great way to right this wrong. There’s still every opportunity to get assistance.
- Waiting too long to contact a lawyer: The earlier you contact us, the more we can help. Don’t put it off.
With a Social Security Disability lawyer by your side, you’ll be able to avoid these and every other potential application mistake. Furthermore, in the event that your claim is unfairly rejected, we can help defend your rights and ensure that you get the proper assistance you deserve.
Let Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers Help You Through Your Social Security Disability Troubles Today
You shouldn’t ever gamble with your financial security, particularly when you are unable to work. If you or someone you know is in the process of applying for Social Security Disability, Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers can help. Call us now at (860) 772-2280, so we can get it right the first time and get you the assistance you need quickly.