Slip and Fall Accidents
We can help you if you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident.
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers represents individuals in Hartford and across Connecticut who have been hurt in slip and fall accidents. Many people do not realize just how serious these accidents can be, but they account for more than 9 million emergency room visits in the United States every year. Additionally, these accidents are the second largest cause of unintentional deaths.
Slip and fall accidents occur when someone loses their footing because of something they stepped on or tripped over. Slips and falls can happen anywhere and at any time, and frequently occur on property that is owned by someone else: another individual, a business, an educational institution, a city, or a county. Property owners have the responsibility to ensure that their property is safe, through proper maintenance and regular removal of debris.
Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries or even death. You should not have to suffer alone because of the negligent and dangerous behavior of others. Property owners are liable for the unsafe conditions that led to your slip and fall accident, and for the resulting injuries.
If you have been hurt due to someone else’s carelessness, an experienced Hartford slip and fall accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you are owed. At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, our attorneys will listen to your story and help you with your slip and fall accident claim. Call us at (860) 722-9923, chat with us live, or fill out a contact form today.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer to Handle My Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
Connecticut gives you two years from the date of your slip and fall accident to file a claim against the property owner. You will need an attorney who is knowledgeable about handling slip and fall accidents to help you. In personal injury claims such as slip and fall accidents, the plaintiff must prove by a preponderance of evidence that the property owner was negligent and caused their injuries. In many cases, property owners will attempt to eliminate the proof of their negligence by quickly cleaning up spills or repairing damaged surfaces or equipment. An experienced slip and fall accident lawyer will know how to thoroughly investigate your case, collect all the evidence, and then build the most convincing case for your accident.
Why Choose Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers?
At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, our experienced slip and fall accident attorneys will tirelessly fight for your rights and for the fair compensation you deserve. We have a unique case management system that covers every aspect of your slip and fall accident, including the medical and personal care that your injuries require. Because we are dedicated to making sure that your care is part of our process, we will give you reminders about upcoming medical appointments and ensure that you have a way to get to them.
We are thorough, detail-oriented, and compassionate, and will leave no element of your slip and fall accident case to chance. Our skills have allowed us to win a number of honors over the years, including a Distinguished rating from Martindale-Hubbell. These awards are a testament to our great success on behalf of our clients. Over the years, we have won millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including $617,500 for one individual slip and fall victim.
Our slip and fall accident attorneys handle every case as though it may go to trial. However, through careful and considered negotiations on behalf of our clients, most of our cases get settled out of court, saving you time and money. In addition, we don’t charge any attorney fees unless and until we win you compensation.
Slip and Fall Accident Claims
Slip and fall accidents can happen when floors are slick with liquid substances, concrete is broken or cracked, outdoor surfaces are icy, lighting on stairwells is inadequate, and stairs and/or handrails are in poor repair. Injuries can range in severity depending on many factors that led to the slip and fall.
The most common types of slip and fall accident injuries are:
- Brain injuries – Many traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) occur as a result of falls. TBIs can range from a concussion that heals with time (but may have long-term effects) to a serious neurological injury that, if not fatal, can cause diminished neurological functioning, on-going seizures, mood disruptions, and cognitive impairment. Very severe TBIs usually result in death.
- Neck and back injuries – These can include muscle tears in the neck and back and compressed or ruptured discs in the neck and spine, causing debilitating pain, and often requiring surgery.
- Hip fractures – According to the CDC, almost 90% of hip fractures occur because of falls. Hips are particularly at risk in falls because the body often twists towards one side when falling backwards, with the highest impact area being the hip.
- Shoulder injuries – Shoulder dislocations and injuries to the brachial plexus (the nerve network that runs from the shoulder to the spinal cord) are common in slip and fall accidents. A dislocated shoulder, while painful, can be remedied quickly and with no long-term damage. A brachial plexus injury, however, is a chronic, intensely painful injury that may require surgery and physical therapy.
- Sprains and fractures – Knees, ankles, and hands are the most susceptible to sprains and fractures in slip and fall accidents. Knee and ankle fractures will most likely require surgery and a much longer rehabilitation time than the physical therapy and rest-icing-compression-elevation regimen that a sprain will require.
If you experienced any significant injury after a slip and fall on someone else’s property, including public property, contact Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers for immediate assistance. We can help you recover significant monetary compensation to help pay for your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Contact Our Experienced Hartford Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, your recovery will take time. In the meantime, you have medical bills coming in, loss of income while you’re out of work, and the stress and pain of the injuries themselves. At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, we understand the situation you are in, because we’ve seen it many times before. Our slip and fall accident attorneys are committed to helping you carry those burdens and we promise you honesty, persistence, responsiveness, and the personal attention you deserve. We do everything to ensure that you get both reassurance and regular updates from us while we are litigating your case.
No matter how we resolve your case, you will have the Power of Perkins in your corner. We strive to get results and achieve the most compensation for your slip and fall accident injuries. To speak with a knowledgeable Hartford attorney who is ready to stand up and fight for you, contact Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers at (860) 722-9923 today to schedule a free consultation today.