Hartford Bicycle Accident Lawyers
We can help you if you’ve been hurt in a bike accident.
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers has knowledgeable bicycle accident attorneys who are here to listen to you and assist you with your bicycle accident claim. Call us at (860) 722-9923, chat with us live, or fill out a free case evaluation form.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer to Handle My Bicycle Accident Claim?
You need an attorney who knows how to handle bicycle accident claims. Bicycle accidents can be complicated because so much physical evidence is required. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer will have the skills needed to thoroughly investigate your case, collect all the required evidence, and then build a convincing claim on your behalf.
You should be very mindful in choosing the attorney to handle your bicycle accident claim. Not all lawyers in Hartford have the experience and knowledge needed to handle a bicycle accident claim. Make sure that the attorney you select has a successful record of settling bicycle accident claims. You deserve justice. The attorney you select will be a deciding factor in whether you get justice.
Why Choose Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers?
At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, our highly-qualified bicycle accident attorneys will doggedly contest for your rights and for the full and fair compensation you deserve. We have a whole-case management system in place that covers every aspect of your bicycle accident case. Not only do we oversee all the legal details of your case, but we also look after the medical and personal care that you need after the accident.
Our bicycle accident attorneys always approach every case as if it will be tried in court. However, because of our ability to negotiate very favorably on behalf of our clients, the majority of our cases are settled out of court. You need help, and we’re here for you. Call us at Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers today.
Bicycle Accident Claims
Even if bicyclists are not killed when they are involved in a traffic accident, their injuries are usually severe and debilitating. The most common types of bicycle injury accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Even a helmet cannot always protect against traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). About 60% of bicycle accident fatalities occur because of severe TBIs. Bicyclists may die at the scene of the accident or live in a coma and on life-support for a short time after the crash. If bicyclists do survive severe TBIs, most are permanently disabled and may require some level of medical care for as long as they live.
- Bone fractures – Bicycle accidents usually cause severe bone fractures, perhaps breaking one bone in several places or shattering bones entirely. Shoulders, elbows, hands, arms, knees, legs, ankles, and feet are the most susceptible to being fractured in a bicycle accident.
- Joint dislocations – If the joints are not fractured in a bicycle accident, they will more than likely be dislocated. Dislocated joints such as the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle joints may require extensive surgery and rehabilitation to repair the damage.
- Dental fractures – If bicyclists are thrown forward off their bicycle in an accident (very likely because most bicyclists are hit from behind when a bicycle accident happens), there is a good possibility, that they could strike the pavement face down. Teeth may be chipped or broken, and extensive dental work will be needed to repair them.
- Road rash – Because of the momentum in being catapulted off a bicycle, severe skin damage from sliding on pavement is common in bicycle accidents. While some abrasions may affect only the epidermis, others may take all the layers of skin off and require extensive skin graft surgeries to rebuild as much of the skin layer as possible. This often leaves significant scarring and scar tissue, which can affect mobility over time.
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, your recovery could be long and involved. If your accident was caused by the reckless actions of a motorist or another party, you have the right to take legal action to hold them responsible for what happened to you.
Contact An Experienced Hartford Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers we understand the situation you have been forced into through no fault of your own. Our bicycle accident attorneys are dedicated to making sure you don’t have to carry the weight alone. We diligently make sure that you not only receive regular updates from us about the progress of your case, but you also get the reassurance that you need that we’re working for you.
No matter how your claim gets resolved, the Power of Perkins has got your back. We are committed to getting you the full compensation that you need to rebuild your life after a bike accident. To speak with a knowledgeable Hartford attorney who will fight for you and your family, contact Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers at (860) 722-9923 today to set up a free initial consultation about your case.